Domestic orders placed Monday - Friday by 6 p.m. Eastern Time will be packed and shipped the same day, pending verification of billing information and the shipping method selected. International orders and orders containing gift cards, out-of-stock items or refrigerated items will be processed as quickly as possible, but won't necessarily be shipped out the same day.
Excludes all orders placed on major US holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day).
Home > What's in your Bone Health supplements?
What's in your Bone Health supplements?
by Dave Foreman
Osteoporosis is a major public health threat for an estimated 44 million Americans (10 million individuals are estimated to already have the disease and almost 34 million more are estimated to have low bone mass, placing them at increased risk for osteoporosis). In 2005, osteoporosis-related fractures were responsible for an estimated $19 billion in costs. And by 2025, experts predict that these costs will rise to approximately $25.3 billion.
OSTEOPOROSIS - NOT JUST A WOMEN'S HEALTH ISSUE!
Women are four times more likely to develop this condition than men. 1 out of every 2 women and 1 in 8 men will suffer from an osteoporosis-related break in their lifetime.
Risk factors for developing Osteoporosis include:
IT TAKES MORE THAN CALCIUM TO HAVE HEALTHY BONESDon't sell your bones short. Using just a calcium and Vitamin D supplement won't do the trick. We now know that other nutrients such as Magnesium, Vitamin K2 (MK-7), Silica, Vanadium, Strontium and trace minerals play a huge roll in bone health and strength. Combine this with proper diet, exercise and other lifestyle changes; you should see marked improvements in your overall bone health.
CALCIUM- GOOD FOR MORE THAN JUST YOUR BONES
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in your body. Even though the majority (99%) is found in your teeth and bones the other one percent is almost as critical for your overall health and wellbeing. The remaining 1% is found in your blood, muscle and the fluid between your cells. Calcium is needed for muscles to flex, hormone and enzyme production, your nervous system and to help relax and constrict your blood vessels. We constantly need to consume calcium either in our diet or as a supplement because calcium is lost through the skin, hair, sweat, urine and stool. If this depletion is not made up for, the body will remove calcium from your bones to be able to support the other 1% of your body?s functions that require it.
Calcium is one of many minerals used by the body. There are estimates that over 150+ diseases are linked back to mineral deficiencies. I learned years ago that taking any one mineral by itself may lead to other mineral type deficiencies. It is for this reason that I recommend taking a multiple mineral in addition to your calcium supplement.
Calcium may provide a benefit for the following health challenges:
You can see by the list that Calcium plays a huge role in how we feel, look and our longevity. Regretfully we have fallen prey to these diseases because of our lifestyle choices which include how and what we eat.
WHERE CAN YOU GET YOUR CALCIUM:
WHAT IF YOU DON'T CONSUME THE RIGHT AMOUNTS OF THE RIGHT FOODS?
Luckily there are now whole food nutrients available that combine the benefits of getting your nutrients from food with the ease of using a dietary supplement. A new entry to the natural health market is the ingredient called AlgaeCal® (Found in New Chapter's Bone Strength Take Care). AlgaeCal® is a whole food mineral source high in calcium and the other minerals needed for bone health. Remember, your body wasn't designed to get its minerals from crushed rock (the source for most calcium and bone health supplements), but from food. Regretfully the average American Diet comes up short in fulfilling our dietary needs.
OTHERTIPS ON CALCIUM CONSUMPTION:
AVOID CAFFEINE -high caffeine intake will increase the elimination of calcium in your urine.
FIBER -Certain fiber(s) can decrease the absorption of calcium into the bloodstream. Calcium supplements may negatively impact the effectiveness of certain supplements and medications. Do your homework.
Sign up and Save Bigget exclusive discounts & great deals
Thank Youyou have been added to the list! Continue Shopping