I have written about making popsicles before, but here is my most recent recipe for making a catch-all healthy snack for your children. I call them "No-Guilt Popsicles." Your children get the nutrients they need, plus they get a tasty snack.
Here Is What You Will Need:
- Popsicle molds and popsicle sticks.
- Fruit juice, preferably one that they haven't ever had before. If you choose a juice they know, they will taste the difference. I use Naked® Well Being (Mighty Mango).
- Vitamin Shoppe brand Multivitamin and Mineral for Children (orange flavored).
- Liquid Fish Oil (I used Nordic Naturals Omega-3-lemon flavored).
- Floradix® Calcium-Magnesium.
- Powdered children's probiotic (I used Nature's Way Primadophilus Children).
- Measure a daily serving of each liquid supplement into each individual popsicle mold (keep probiotic until later). Read the manufacturer's label to make sure you give your child the correct dose. Make sure to pour only one daily dose of each into each individual mold.
- Top off each mold with fruit juice.
- Pour the liquid out of each mold into a bowl.
- Add the powdered probiotic to liquid mixture in bowl (1 serving for each mold used) 4 molds = 4 doses of powder.
- Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Immediately pour the whisked mixture back into each popsicle mold.
- Put in the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze, then serve!