Domestic orders placed Monday - Friday by 6 p.m. Eastern Time will be packed and shipped the same day, pending verification of billing information and the shipping method selected. International orders and orders containing gift cards, out-of-stock items or refrigerated items will be processed as quickly as possible, but won't necessarily be shipped out the same day.
Excludes all orders placed on major US holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day).
Home > Dental Tips
by Dave Foreman
October is National Dental Hygiene Month so I figured I would put together a quick reference sheet for the more common Dental Health problems you may have. For more detailed information, go to www.vitaminshoppe.com and click on "Articles, Recipes and Tools", then click on Herbal Pharmacist® for past articles on gingivitis and bad breath.
If you have ever had one you know you never want to get one again. This condition can be extremely painful when an ulcer forms. My quick suggestions are:
- Find out if you have sensitivity to Gluten or other foods (E.L.I.S.A. blood test), and remove that food from your diet
- Use Zinc Lozenges for immediate relief (higher doses) and as a preventative (lower doses)
- DGL Chewable Tablets (don't chew but use like a lozenge)
- Consider immune stimulants (short term)
- Esberitox (Enzymatic Therapy) Advanced Seasonal Support (M.D. Select)
- Consider Immune Support (long term) Host Defense (New Chapter) Advanced Immune Support (M.D. Select)
- Use a toothpaste that is sodium lauryl sulfate-free
- Add B-Complex to your daily regimen
- Use an appropriate rinse
- Spry Oral Rinse (Xlear) Healthy Gums Daily Oral Rinse (Natural Dentist)
Tooth Decay and Gum Disease
My suggestions for these two conditions are similar so I decided to lump them together. Please note suggestions which are labeled specific to a particular condition (i.e. "TD" or "GD").
- CoQ10 50-60mg per day (GD)
- Folic Acid 800mcg per day (GD)
- Brush using natural tooth paste (Tom's of Maine, Jason, Xlear)
- Rinse with a natural mouth wash (See above for product recommendations)
- Chew gum containing Xylitol (TD)
- Floss regularly
- Drink Green or Black Tea (may inhibit bacterial growth)