Alsatian Braised Turkey Sausage
Turkey sausage is sauteed with potatoes, cabbage and spice in this savory one-pot meal.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb herbed turkey sausage, blanched and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts (1 1/2 lbs.) olives, whole, pitted, drained
- 10 cups (12 ounces) shredded savoy cabbage
- 3 cups (12 ounces) red skinned new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup amber beer
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs chopped dill
- In a large high sided saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in cabbage and potatoes. Mix in olives, beer, mustard, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped dill.
Calories from Fat 398 (58%)
(70%)Total Fat 46g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(57%)Dietary Fiber 14g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.