Apple Persimmon Sauce
Applesauce is great for making baked goods fat free. You can replace many butter and oils with applesauce, which is always useful during the holidays.
- 2 persimmons, peeled and cubed
- 6 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mash apple sauce with a potato masher until it's your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Can also be frozen and stored for up to a year.
Calories from Fat 1 (2%)
(0%)Total Fat 0g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.