Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and maple syrup.
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 cups day-old bread slices (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cook apples in butter, covered, in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine bread and raisins in greased shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Add apples; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and spice in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, in center of the oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
Calories from Fat 64 (29%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.