Apricot Glazed Pork Kabobs
This fun recipe for summer gatherings is best when you prep the pork with enough time for the fruity marinade to soak in.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 10 oz jar apricot preserves
- 4 Tbs orange liqueur, or orange juice
- 2 Tbs butter
- Stir together preserves, liqueur and butter, simmer in a small saucepan until butter is melted. (OR combine ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure; microwave on High 1 minute). Place pork cubes in heavy plastic bag, pour 3/4 cup apricot mixture over to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread pork onto 4-6 skewers, grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade. Heat remaining apricot sauce to boiling and serve alongside kabobs, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Fill out the kabobs with corn, colorful peppers, onions, and whatever kabob-friendly ingredients you desire.
Calories from Fat 84 (20%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.