Asian Beef Salad
A Serrano pepper in the citrus-soy dressing brings a pleasant amount of heat to this beef salad creation.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups torn salad greens or sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 Tbs chopped peanuts (optional)
- Citrus-Soy Dressing:2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Carve steaks. Combine beef, onion and cilantro in medium bowl. Add dressing; toss. Serve on salad greens. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 87 (35%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.