Asian Beef Steaks & Noodles
Soybeans, garlic, and chiles in the hoisin sauce contribute to the sweet and spicy taste of these steaks.
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 oz Chinese noodles, broken, cooked
- 4 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine water, hoisin sauce and vinegar in small bowl. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brush skillet with oil. Add cucumber, bell pepper and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in noodles, 1/2 of cilantro and 1/2 of hoisin mixture. Remove.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook. Add remaining hoisin mixture; turn steaks to coat. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 146 (40%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.