Asian-Spiced Lamb and Pilaf
Imagine yourself dining on the Great Wall of China while savoring this wonderful dish.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lamb boneless shoulder roast, tied
- Rice pilaf, cooked
- In 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine: olive oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, orange peel, and garlic.
- Coat lamb with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning lamb occasionally.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast at 325F for about 1 1/4 hours or to desired degree of doneness: 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium, or 170F for well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees; slice.
- Serve with rice pilaf.
Calories from Fat 142 (40%)
(25%)Total Fat 17g
(29%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.