Asparagus, Asiago, and Fontina Cheese Pizza
The rich earthy flavor of Fontina and the slightly nutty flavor of Asiago pair wonderfully with the mildly bitter taste of asparagus.
- 1 16-oz package of your favorite pizza dough
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat to 500. The hotter the oven, the better the pizza!
- Chop asparagus into ½ inch pieces, discarding the woody base. Set aside.
- Using the toss-and-turn method, stretch out your pizza dough until it is as thin as it will get without breaking apart. Place dough on heated pizza stone and bake for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven and quickly brush with olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle pizza with red pepper flakes and freshly ground pepper. Spread the fresh asparagus pieces across the dough and top with Fontina and Asiago cheese.
- Return pizza stone to the heated oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes or until the crust is lightly charred and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy.
Calories from Fat 97 (41%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.