Asparagus Spring Rolls with Sweet Red Chili Dipping Sauce
Store-bought chili sauce adds a dash of spicy to these sweet and simple spring rolls.
- Spring Rolls:1 lb asparagus
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 mango or papaya
- fresh ginger, 2-inch piece
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 8-inch Vietnamese dried rice paper spring roll wrappers, 6 to 8 sheets
- Dipping Sauce:1/4 cup store-bought sweet chili sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Filling Blanche asparagus in boiling salted water until tender to the bite, to 5 minutes. Peel and julienne mango or papaya and ginger. Julienne bell pepper. Set aside with remaining filling ingredients.
- To assemble, fill a large bowl with hot water. Working with one wrapper at a time, slip rice paper wrapper into water until pliable, about 1 minute. Place wrapper on cutting board. In the center, put 3 to 4 asparagus spears with the tips coming off the end of the wrapper slightly, 3 to 4 mango or papaya slices, 3-4 pepper slices, tablespoons sprouts, 2 tablespoons herbs, sprinkling of ginger and peanuts.
- Roll the wrapper from the bottom up, tightly. Leaving the ends open. Set aside and cover with a damp towel. Finish with remaining wrappers.
- When ready to serve, slice wrappers into 3 segments each and stand upright on a serving platter.
- SauceMix chili sauce and limejuice together. Serve along side the rolls as a dipping sauce.
Calories from Fat 27 (46%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.