Bacon-Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
These are great grab-and-go muffins for breakfast on the run. Or, pack in the lunchbox for a mid-morning snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375F. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pepper in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon and parsley. Spoon evenly into 12 greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375f oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely.
Calories from Fat 45 (38%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.