Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hash Browns
Hash browns, eggs, and vegetables are conveniently contained in cup-size portions.
- 2 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes (12 oz.)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach (2.5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.), divided
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes, mushrooms and water; mix and spread in even layer. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Turn vegetables over; cook, uncovered, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese and dill weed; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased 10-oz. Ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of mixture with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in 350F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories from Fat 131 (51%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.