Baked Ham with Cornbread-Apricot Stuffing
- 1 4-pound smoked boneless ham
- 1 8-inch square pan cornbread (homemade or mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbs chopped onion
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Slice to serve.
- Meanwhile, crumble cooked cornbread, place in large mixing bowl. In medium skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until onion is tender; stir in preserves and pecans and toss with cornbread. Turn into a greased 2-quart casserole. Drizzle broth over stuffing. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned. Serve with smoked ham.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 206 (36%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.