Baked Marinated Chicken
Though the chicken is cooked in the oven, this marinade gives it a barbecued flavor that is always popular, especially with children.
- 12 skinless chicken drumsticks or thighs or 24 wing drumettes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbs peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish. In a medium bowl, mix the wine, soy sauce, honey, onion, garlic, and ginger. Pour over the chicken pieces, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Uncover the chicken and bake, basting frequently, for 1 hour, or until a glaze forms. Serve warm.
Copyright 2005 by Evelyn H. Lauder
Calories from Fat 39 (15%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.