Balsamic-Dijon Provencal Lamb Chops
Add a French perk to the flavor of an ordinary lamb chop.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 4 tsp herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pierce lamb chops with a fork several times on all sides.
- Place chops in a plastic food storage bag; coat with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove chops, discarding remaining marinade.
- For 1-inch chops, broil or grill chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops.
- Or, pan fry chops then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400F until desired doneness.
Calories from Fat 129 (53%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.