Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak
This tangy balsamic marinade adds flavor and succulence to flank steak.
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- salt & pepper
- Balsamic1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Calories from Fat 82 (45%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.