Bangkok Rice and Shrimp Salad
The American Heart Association recommends eating fish twice a week. Use this easy-to-prepare dish to put delicious and healthful seafood on your plate.
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs chopped basil, plus additional basil leaves for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine or medium grain rice
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Whisk milk, vinegar and oil together in a small bowl. Add salt and basil; set aside. Stir rice, shrimp and coconut milk mixture in medium bowl until blended. Spoon into serving bowl; sprinkle with peanuts and basil to garnish.
Ingredient Tip: If available, use peppery Thai basil in this salad.
Calories from Fat 141 (38%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.