Basic French Toast
Any bread you like will work: French, Italian, raisin, cinnamon-raisin, wholegrain or multi-grain. Bread that is slightly dried out works well.
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 8 day-old bread slices
- Beat eggs, milk and nutmeg in shallow dish until blended. Soak 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once, letting slice stand about 1 minute per side.
- heat lightly greased large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot.
- place as many bread slices in hot pan as will fit in single layer. Immediately reduce heat to medium.
- cook until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat to cook remaining bread. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 109 (38%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.