Frittatas taste good cold and travel well - perfect for picnic fare or a take-along lunch.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup liquid, such as milk, tomato juice, broth
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves OR herb of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp butter or vegetable oil
- Beat eggs, liquid, herb and salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add filling; mix well.
- Heat butter in 6 to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat until melted. Pour in egg mixture; cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 128 (66%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.