Basic Poached Eggs
For a light lunch or dinner, serve poached eggs atop steamed vegetables, such as tender asparagus. The soft yolk provides a built-in sauce.
- 4 eggs, cold
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of water in large saucepan or deep skillet to boiling. Adjust heat to keep liquid simmering gently.
- Break eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to surface, slip egg into water.
- Cook eggs until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Lift eggs from water with slotted spoon. Drain in spoon or on paper towels. Trim any rough edges, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 30 (42%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.