Beef Kabobs with Parmesan Orzo
These colorful kabobs pair beautifully with the accompanying Parmesan orzo.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tbs prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Parmesan Orzo:1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked
- 2 to 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
- Toss orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with orzo.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 193 (43%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(38%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.