Beef Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick or flank steak
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers, any color, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 onion, cut into 1/8-inch wedges
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/3 cup Italian dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn beef to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for vegetables. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season beef with salt and pepper; keep warm. Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Heat remaining Italian dressing in same skillet until hot. Add peppers and onion. Stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return beef and juices to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Calories from Fat 176 (58%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.