Better-for-You Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Crushed crackers and crunchy walnuts form the coating for the baked shrimp.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (16-20 count), (shelled and deveined)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 whole wheat butter crackers, crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lightly oil or coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- With a sharp knife slit shrimp deeply down back without cutting all the way through. Open the shrimp halves to form a butterfly shape and flatten gently with a mallet or rolling pin. Place shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the crackers, walnuts, and lemon juice and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the crumbs evenly and place on top of the shrimp, pressing down gently. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the shrimp are cooked through, about 18 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 499 (20%)
(83%)Total Fat 54g
(53%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 19g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.