Bouillabaisse is the classic stew of fishers along the French coast and celebrates the best of the sea.
- 6 extra large (26/30) shrimp
- 6 mussels
- 4 little neck clams
- 1/2 cup colored peppers, cubed
- 1/4 cup white onions, cubed
- 1/4 cup chorizo, cooked & drained
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 5 fingerling potatoes, cooked
- 3 pieces fish (2 ounces each piece)
- In a small stock pot heat the oil, add the onions and chorizo and simmer for a few minutes. Add a teaspoon of garlic, Bay leaves and remaining ingredients, cover and let cook for 5 to 8 minutes at medium heat or until the clams and mussels open. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 149 (18%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 83g
(51%)Dietary Fiber 13g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.