Bowtie Pasta with Canadian Bacon
A very hearty pasta dish that gets its pizzazz from the smoky flavor of Canadian bacon. Serve this on a cold winter day!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 8 oz Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2" (1.5cm) cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Brown onion in olive oil until light brown.
- Add garlic and canadian bacon and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine and cook, partially covered for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season sauce generously with freshly ground pepper and pour over spaghetti.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Calories from Fat 78 (16%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 72g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.