Black beans, ham, spinach, and cumin wrapped in tortillas make a tasty, portable breakfast sandwich that can be enjoyed on the run or at home.
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup washed, ready-to eat spinach
- 2 oz lean deli ham
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs reduced fat sour cream
- 2 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes. Add spinach and ham and stir until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the black beans, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the sour cream. Warm tortillas in a microwave oven for 10 seconds or place in a toaster oven for 15 to 20 seconds. This will make them easier to roll. Remove tortillas and place on a flat surface. Spread tortillas with black bean mixture. Roll up and place on 2 plates.
Copyright 2005 by Linda Gassenheimer
Serving Suggestion: If making ahead, wrap the burrito in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before eating.
Calories from Fat 54 (25%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.