Breakfast for Dinner: Warm Berry Quinoa
Have breakfast for dinner. Quinoa is a complete protein, so it's good for you too!
- 1 cup 1% low-fat organic milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic red quinoa (you can also use white but I just like red)
- 1 box fresh strawberries, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 tsp honey
- Stevia extract to taste
- Combine milk, water, and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in berries, nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and stevia.
- Transfer to plates, top with nuts, and drizzle 1 teaspoon honey over each serving.
Calories from Fat 117 (29%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 64g
(48%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.