Beer and steak sauce are the secret to this juicy and flavorful burger.
- 1- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup prepared steak sauce
- 4 slices sweet onion (1/2-inch)
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine beer and steak sauce in 1-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion around patties. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160F) doneness, until patties are not pink in center and juices show no pink color and onions are tender, turning occasionally. Season with salt after turning. About 2 minutes before patties are done, brush generously with sauce; top with cheese.
- Serve burgers and onions in rolls with lettuce and sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 261 (47%)
(44%)Total Fat 28g
(64%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.