Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Herbs
Whole leg of lamb coated with garlic and herbs is always a sure crowd pleaser.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 1 Tbs minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 to 4 lbs boneless lamb leg, butterflied
- Blend oil with basil, oregano, garlic and pepper; pour half over meat and brush over both sides.
- Grill lamb over medium coals in covered grill, about 6 inches from coals, for 20 to 25 minutes per side. Baste occasionally with remaining herbed olive oil.
- Rest lamb for about 10 minutes; slice crosswise at a diagonal slant.
Calories from Fat 195 (56%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.