Cajun Lamb Roast
A Southern masterpiece that will satisfy folks around the world.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 boneless lamb roast, sirloin or top round
- Stir together salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder and rub into lamb.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil to medium-hot and brown lamb on all sides.
- Place lamb in shallow roasting pan or rack and roast in 350ºF oven 35 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- When lamb has reached desired degree of doneness, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Slice lamb on diagonal and serve with rice.
Calories from Fat 90 (40%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.