California Fresh Figs and Gingered Mascarpone
Sweet and spreadable with a kick of ginger--great as an appetizer, or spread on your favorite cookies for a special treat.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbs finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 26 small firm and ripe fresh California figs
- Mint springs (garnish)
- 24 Sweet round crackers or vanilla wafers
- Stir mascarpone, ginger, sugar, and vanilla together in small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Scoop mascarpone mixture onto cold plate. Surround with figs. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve with sweet crackers or vanilla wafers.
Calories from Fat 75 (27%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.