California Mission Fig and Fudge Cookie Sundae
So delicious, you'll want to eat dessert first. Warmed fig-chocolate cookies are smothered in caramel sauce and served on top of ice cream.
- Mission Fig and Fudge Cookies2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, grated
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 dried California Mission figs, divided
- California Fig and Caramel Sauce1 1/2 cups caramel sauce
- 6 dried California Calimryna figs, stemmed and chopped
- 1 quart walnut ice cream
- CookiesCombine chocolate and butter in small bowl and place over warm water or microwave on low until melted. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Measure eggs, sugar, and vanilla into another bowl; whisk or beat vigorously until mixture is smooth and pale in color. Add melted chocolate mixture, sifted dry ingredients, and eight coarsely chopped figs; mix together well. Chill until firm.
- With tablespoon, divide and shape dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Arrange about 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut remaining eight figs vertically into four thin slices each. Arrange one slice on each cookie and gently press down. Bake at 325F for about 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet and dust with additional powdered sugar.
- Caramel SauceHeat sauce in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chopped figs. Let stand.
- To serve, scoop generous portions of ice cream into eight ice cream coupes or small serving bowls; spoon on Caramel Sauce and garnish each with one California Mission Fig and Fudge Cookie.
Calories from Fat 128 (19%)
(24%)Total Fat 15g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 132g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.