Cappelini with Fresh Clams or Mussels
Mussels or clams work well in this garlic rich pasta dish. Both the pasta and the shellfish cook very quickly. Be sure to assemble the ingredients before starting to cook.
- 12 oz cappellini pasta, uncooked
- 3 lbs whole mussels, (about 8 cups), scrubbed and debearded
- 1/3 cup onion or shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Wash and scrb mussels to remove any debris on the outside of the shell. Set aside. Heat a large pot of water to boiling for the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic, onion or shallots, thyme, oregano, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is soft.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cook cappellini in the boiling water until al dente (about 3 minutes), then drain.
- Add mussels to onion and wine mixture, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
- Pour pasta into a large, shallow serving dish. Pour mussels and sauce over the pasta and serve.
Calories from Fat 54 (17%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.