Add these caramelized onions to an omelet, sauteed green beans, or to any pasta dish--the possibilities are endless.
- 3 lbs yellow onions
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed, dried thyme
- 1 tsp crushed, dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Halve and slice onions. Coat 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook onions in oil for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until soft and golden.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Serve warm or cover and chill for up to 5 days.
Calories from Fat 16 (25%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.