Caribbean Citrus Olive Shrimp
Sweet orange and extra spice gives this succulent shrimp dish bold flavors of the Caribbean.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (8 ounces) red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pasilla or ancho peppers, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 Tbs minced ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups olives, halved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups orange segments
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in onions, peppers, ginger and garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Add olives, orange juice, curry powder, salt and pepper flakes and bring to a bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange segments and butter.
Calories from Fat 141 (38%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.