Caribbean Shrimp and Mushroom Packets
Using foil makes grilling simple-and a snap to clean up! Kicked up with spicy seasoning, these shrimp packets will be a hit at your next barbeque.
- 1 lb (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 Tbs (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tsp Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning blend
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 ears of corn, husked and halved
- Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 425 F. On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminum foil. In the center of each piece of foil arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms, overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly. Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion.
- Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2 an ear of corn on the side. Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat. Cook until shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes). Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
Ingredient Note: Jerk seasoning is available in most supermarket spice sections. If unavailable, substitute 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each time, allspice and ground red pepper.
Calories from Fat 131 (30%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.