Char Shui Style BBQ Pork Tenderloin with Rice and Cabbage Salad
Perfect for a Chinese New Year celebration or anytime, this dish can be conveniently prepared ahead of time.
- 2 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound each)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinade2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs grenadine syrup, or pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- Rice Salad4 cups steamed white rice , cooled
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated or finely shredded
- 1/2 cup peanuts, or cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs canola oil
- 2 Tbs sugar, (optional)
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Oriental sesame oil
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; pour over pork in bag. Turn bag to coat pork with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. (Line roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up, if desired.) Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on rack in roasting pan and roast for 20-30 minutes or until the pork's internal temperature reaches 160 F. Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- For salad, combine rice, cabbage, carrots, nuts, cilantro and green onions in a large bowl. Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, sugar (optional), sesame seeds and sesame oil in small bowl; pour over rice mixture. Lightly toss until combined.
- Thinly slice pork and serve over rice salad. In Chinese tradition, one is not allowed to use a knife on the first day of the New Year. This dish can be prepared ahead of time and assembled the day of celebration. GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 112 (35%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.