Charred Poblano Pork Quesadillas
Mild poblano peppers add plenty of flavor to this version of the familiar favorite.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup sliced poblano peppers (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 oz grated asadero cheese
- 1/2 lb grilled pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 8 (7-inch) whole wheat High fiber tortillas
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onions and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender. Mix in olives and cilantro, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a clean surface. Sprinkle each with approximately 1 1/2 ounces of cheese, 2 ounces of pork and 1/2 cup of pepper and onion mixture. Top with remaining tortillas and cook in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned.
- Transfer cooked quesadillas to a clean cutting board and slice into wedges before serving.
Calories from Fat 171 (33%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.