Chicken Barbecue and Slaw Sandwiches
Few meals say summertime like tangy, chicken barbecue sandwiches with crunchy slaw.
- Barbecue Sauce3 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Slaw4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Pour sauce over the chicken, turning to coat all sides. Turn chicken skin-side up and place in oven; bake for 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While chicken is cooling, in a large bowl, stir together cabbage, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Discard chicken skin and pull meat off the bones; place meat in a saucepan. Scrape sauce out of baking dish and stir into saucepan. Over low heat, warm chicken until hot throughout.
- Top the buns with chicken and slaw; serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 225 (45%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.