Chicken Breasts and Mushroom Artichoke Ragu
You can essentially use any mixture of vegetables you want, but the combined flavor and texture of grilled mushrooms and artichokes is fantastic.
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbs caramelized onion infused olive oil divided (you can also use garlic infused oil or basic olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and rinsed
- 1 tsp fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Saute onions in 1 Tbsp. of oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove mushrooms and onions, set aside.
- Sear chicken in 1 Tbsp. of oil in the skillet until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and sear it for an additional 3 minutes. Deglaze the skillet with the wine and broth; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, honey, white wine vinegar and remaining caramelized onion oil; set aside. In a separate bowl combine butter and flour.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cover to keep warm.
- Bring the wine mixture to a simmer on high heat. Whisk in the honey-vinegar mixture and 1 Tbsp. of the flour-butter mixture. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add reserved mushroom mixture, artichokes, basil, dried tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, slice chicken and arrange on plates with mashed potatoes and ragu.
Calories from Fat 235 (45%)
(41%)Total Fat 27g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(48%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.