Chicken Pita Pockets
Ranch dressing adds a bit of zip to these chicken pita sandwiches.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 Tbs dried dill weed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 large pita bread loaves, halved
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
- To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan; set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
- Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
- Add one peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber to ranch dressing for extra crunch or use cucumber ranch dressing mixed with dill.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 294 (49%)
(50%)Total Fat 33g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.