Chicken Salad with Fennel, Orange, and Raspberries
Celebrate the best of the raspberry season with this summertime chicken salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely diced
- 8 cups mixed lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Tangy Raspberry-Orange-Mustard Dressing3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs grainy mustard
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1 large navel orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Set four dinner plates in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing into a large skillet; set the rest aside.
- Over medium-low heat, add chicken and orange juice to skillet. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another 6 minutes. Shut off heat, remove lid, and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops and bottoms of remaining 3 oranges with a sharp paring knife; peel the oranges, removing all the white pith, and slice into rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the fennel and lettuce with all but 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing.
- Divide the lettuce mixture among the four chilled dinner plates. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Arrange the chicken, orange sections, and onion slices on top of lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with raspberries and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 142 (30%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.