Chicken Waldorf Salad
Here is a basic and dependable recipe for a a classic Waldorf salad. Perfect for luncheons.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 crisp red apple (such as Harrelson or Braeburn)
- 1 crisp green apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 6 oz cartons fat-free orange or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken, if desired.
- In large skillet, combine chicken and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until internal juices run clear. Drain; set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile, core apples and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In large bowl, combine chicken and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chicken mixture on shredded lettuce. Serve with poppy seed or raspberry muffins, if desired.
Calories from Fat 79 (32%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.