Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary, and White Beans Stew
This hearty stew from the northern climates is brimming with chicken, Canadian bacon, and Great Northern beans.
- 1 1/2 lbs mixed chicken parts, skinless
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 oz pearl onions, peeled and halved (or use canned or jarred)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked cannelloni or Great Northern beans (or two, 19 oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large, non-stick soup pot over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add pearl onions, carrots, garlic, and Canadian bacon; saute until onions are lightly browned.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and white wine; bring to a boil and then simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced by about one third.
- Stir in beans, rosemary, and chicken broth. Bring back to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into large bowls and serve with rustic bread and a salad.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 42 (10%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 62g
(79%)Dietary Fiber 20g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.