Chickpea and Lentil Saute with Apples and Curry
Enjoy this spicy vegetarian spin on an Eastern-style curry.
- 1-1.5 cups precooked beluga black lentils or French green lentils
- 1 16-oz can of chickpeas, rised and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1.5 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 Fuji apple chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- Chop the apples, onion, garlic, etc.
- In a large saucepan: Cook the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry, ginger, and cayenne and cook 1 minute. Add the lentils and chickpeas and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Stir in the soy sauce, raisins, and water and cook 15 min, stirring often, until all the water is absorbed. If you like softer chickpeas, cook it for up to 30 minutes. Add the apple during last 3 minutes of cooking.
Calories from Fat 47 (16%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(47%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.