Chipotle Olive Turkey Chili
This turkey chili is so quick and tasty it's sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (9 ounce) yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) diced green bell peppers (1/2-inch)
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked or canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1 cup amber beer
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 4 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat until crumbled and lightly browned. Mix in green peppers and garlic and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, beans, olives, beer, tomato paste, chile powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir in parsley and cook for 5 more minutes.
Calories from Fat 117 (38%)
(21%)Total Fat 13g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.