Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
Unlike those heavy milk-chocolate indulgences, adding raw, unsweetened cocoa powder makes this dish healthy with tons of antioxidants and polyphenols.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked with 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tsp raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 Tbs walnuts
- Stevia or Truvia to taste (I use about 2 packets of Stevia)
- Cook the oats with 1 1/2 cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared (I do this by cooking it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring, and cooking it for 2 more minutes.)
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add the walnuts and the milk (you can add as much milk as you like. I use about 1/2 a cup to give the oats a nice creamy consistency).
- Add the Stevia, and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like.
- Enjoy the chocolatey brownie goodness of the oatmeal.
Calories from Fat 81 (30%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.