Chocolate of the Gods Mousse with Raspberries and Mint
Imagine a world where decadent chocolate mousse has real value, grows beautiful skin and hair, and is actually good for you! Welcome to the rest of your life. This recipe has evolved with me over the years to become a signature dish. By the way, put this mousse in an ice cream maker and it is insane.
- 2 cups Hass avocados (about 2)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-4 Tbs organic evaporated cane juice or organic sugar (optional, for the sweeter tooth)
- 2 Tbs Omega Nutrition coconut butter (optional)
- 1-2 tsp nonalcoholic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (aged balsamic is best)
- 1/2 tsp shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 cup pure cocoa powder (Green and Black's is choice)
- 1 pint raspberries
- handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Scharffen Berger's Cacao Nibs (optional, for garnish)
- In a food processor, blend the avocados, maple syrup, cane juice or organic sugar (if used), coconut butter (if used), vanilla, balsamic, and shoyu until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend until smooth. Sifting the cocoa powder before adding it is a good idea to prevent lumps. A simple metal strainer works well.
- Distribute half of the raspberries evenly among 4 to 8 wine goblets or martini glasses.
- Follow with a dollop of mousse, a sprinkle of mint, the remaining raspberries, and more mint. Top with cacao nibs, if desired.
Copyright 2005 by Renee Loux
Serving Suggestion: Mmmmmmm! Euphoria . . . Leftover mousse can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to a week in the fridge or frozen for up to a month.
Calories from Fat 83 (40%)
(16%)Total Fat 11g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(41%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.